Friday, January 16, 2009

Back to Bombay

Nine months and nine days, that’s exactly how long I’d made Pune my home… Tomorrow it’s gonna be back ‘home’ to Bombay. I’ve probably waited for this moment ever since I came here, but now that I have to leave my heart is actually feeling heavy. I wonder why?

This is weird, how the mind gets used to things! My lil’ terrace garden, the sparrows, pigeons and mynahs who we used to feed, the neighbors especially their quite, three year old with green-brown eyes, our friends, week-end hang-outs, treats from German Bakery, even the friendly fruit’walah’ (who still owes me twenty-five rupees ;-))… it’s a long list of things that I’ll miss.



Flowers from my garden
.
But the point is that when we leave something behind, weather it’s a place or person, irrespective of all the bad and sad things that might have happened, there will always be some things ‘nice’ that the mind will cling to and make ‘good-byes’ difficult!

Is it this or basic human malaise – resistance to change?! Whatever it is, change is the only constant… such is life!!!

On a rainy, saturday afternoon last august: a drive to the outskirts of Pune

2 comments:

Prasan Shanbhag said...

You described it all in your last sentence - "Such is Life"

But looking at the bright side of things, I must congratulate you on moving back to Mumbai :)

And yeah...it's hard for me to believe that the second photo is from 'outskirts of Pune'....if it is..I need to know where this place is and if possible more photos from that album ;)

Gouri said...

Thanks Prasan :)

Pune is a beautiful city, full of hills and rivers and a pleasant climate... drive to the outskirts, wow!!